March 25, 2019
Kaimuki Christian School (KCS) announces the expansion of its preschool with the launch of a two-year-old program starting in August 2019. Serving Kaimuki since 1968, the KCS preschool has laid the foundation for achieving the school’s mission of educating each child to his or her God-intended potential.
The program addresses several common concerns of parents looking for care for their young children. A few of the program’s most helpful features for parents are:
- An impressive six-to-one child-to-teacher ratio with the aim to create a safe nurturing environment.
- Full-time AND part-time care options available (Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday) for parents who only need care a few days a week.
- Children do NOT need to be toilet trained to be part of the program.
“I’ve seen a great need for quality education for two-year-old children, and wanted to provide this option for East Oahu families,” said Robyn Ahn. “We noticed that many parents who work part-time needed a full-day option, either two or three days a week, versus a five-day program that ends at lunchtime. We created this unique schedule to fit the schedules of working parents.”
Now accepting applications, the KCS two-year-old program will be added to the KCS list of options. The school also offers an established program for three-year-old children (with an impressive one-to-10 teacher-to-student ratio) and a four-year-old program (with a ratio of one teacher for every 12 children). Each of KCS’s programs aims to allow each child to flourish with caring and creative teachers in a safe, nurturing, and close-knit environment. The school’s interactive, hands-on teaching style and small circle learning set the stage for future success, allow children to develop their independence, social skills, math skills, and reading readiness skills, as they prepare for elementary school. Some of the unique curriculum for the preschool in the past has included:
- Hands-on cooking classes including pizzas, smoothies and quesadillas!
- Chinese New Year celebrations.
- Bring the Zoo to You day with the Honolulu Zoo.
- Kinesthetics and learning about movement.
Applications are now being accepted; visit www.kaimukichristianschool.org or call 732.1781 to schedule a personalized campus tour.